Dinners Week 14: Holiday Crowd Pleasers, Breakfast Casseroles, Pizza Casseroles, Chili, Butternut Squash Tortellini

Pizza Casserole: (recipe from Lindsay Russell)


1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/3 cup butter
2 cups uncooked rotini pasta (it didn't specify how much or what kind of pasta, but this is what I did.)
8 oz can and 15 oz can tomato sauce
4 oz sliced pepperoni (I used turkey pepperoni)
1 cup grated Swiss cheese
1 pound grated or sliced Mozzarella cheese
4 oz can sliced mushrooms
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t basil

Saute and reserve onion.  Melt butter and pour into 9x13 glass pan.  Cook noodles and drain.  Toss cooked noodles in butter until coated.  Cover with 15 oz tomato sauce.  Layer 1/2 pepperoni, 1/2 mozzarella, 1/2 Swiss, all onions and all mushrooms over top.  Sprinkle with oregano and basil.  Layer with remaining 8 oz tomato sauce, pepperoni, and Swiss.  Put remaining mozzarella on top and bake at 350 degrees until bubbly (about 45 minutes.)

NOTES:  My family loved this.  It was basically pizza with noodles rather than dough.  It was tasty, easy, and eaten :)  This is great for a busy week and for a crowd.  Throw together a salad or some roasted broccoli or asparagus, and you've got a full meal.  




Kid-Friendly Turkey Chili: (recipe from skinnystaste.com)
Recipe found HERE

NOTES: This was a big hit with all of my boys.  It is not super spicy, and it's chunky enough that they could dip their baked tortilla scoops into it like nachos.  I added sour cream to mine and ate it with the baked tortilla chips also.  Super fast, easy, and yummy!



Butternut Squash Tortellini with Brown Butter Sauce.  (recipe from foodnetwork.com, Giada de Laurentiis)
Recipe found HERE.

NOTES:  Oh my word.  I am not kidding when I tell you that this may be the most delicious thing that I've ever made.  It took some effort stuffing each individual wonton wrapper, but we have tons left over in the freezer for a meal that will come together in 4 minutes in the future.  What a wonderful entertaining meal for the fall/holidays.  The cranberries and walnut brown butter makes it extra special, but these ravioli/tortellini are decadently delicious all on their own.  




Sausage and Cheese Grits Casserole: (recipe from Betty Crocker)
Recipe found HERE.

NOTES:  This recipe takes very little time to prepare and is different than your typical egg based breakfast casserole.  I am not the hugest fan of eggs, so this is a great alternative...and a great way to introduce grits to people who have previously not cared for them or don't really know what they're supposed to taste like.  I use Wisconsin cheddar which is extra sharp and hot breakfast sausauge.  This can be easily frozen.  I will tell you that I usually end up having to cook it a little longer than it calls for.



Hashbrown Casserole: (recipe from allrecipes.com)
Recipe found HERE.

NOTES:  This is one of my all time favorite breakfast casseroles, and it requires very little effort to put it together.  I usually throw all of the ingredients (besides those for the topping) in a huge bowl and mix them together with my hands as it's just faster and easier.  This hashbrown casserole is creamy, delicious, and great to feed a crowd.

Happy Cooking!!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...