Brazilian Fish Stew

What is it about my family and fish?  They LOVE it!  I am not a big fan, which is why when you see my recipes involving fish, they usually involve LOTS of other flavors, and you'll probably never see me just simply grill a piece of fish...at least not for myself ;)  I served this over basmati rice and offered a few tortilla chips for dipping.  The step that took the longest was just letting the fish marinate.  I made the marinade mid-morning and chopped all my veggies then threw everything in the fridge.  Then, it was just putting it all in the pot in layers and letting the stew simmer away.  I wish y'all could've smelled my house yesterday afternoon!!  Yummy and easy for a chilly evening. 

Brazilian Fish Stew:  (Recipe modified from Allrecipes.com http://allrecipes.com/recipe/brazilian-fish-stew/)


Juice of 3 limes
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 small onions, chopped
3 large red bell peppers, sliced
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro


Tortilla Chips, Basmati Rice for serving (follow package directions)



 1. Stir together the lime juice, cumin, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Add the tilapia and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours up to 24 hours.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.  Add onions and saute until translucent, about 1 to 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add the bell peppers and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.  Add the tilapia, and diced tomatoes to the pot.  Pour the coconut milk over the mixture. Cover the pot and simmer 15 minutes.  Stir in the cilantro and continue cooking until the tilapia is completely cooked through, another 5 to 10 minutes.

Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...