It's all in the name...Slime Soup aka Cream of Asparagus Soup and ChickFilA Grilled Chicken Marinade

Chick Fil A Grilled Chicken Marinade

6 T mayonnaise
3 T apple cider vinegar
3 T lemon juice
2 T sugar
1 T salt
1/2 T pepper

NOTES:  This makes enough for 8 chicken breasts.  Once in the marinade, you can either leave them in the fridge for a couple of hours to overnight before grilling, or you can freeze them.  My kids call this Chick Fil A chicken, which is about the best compliment that you can give in my book!  I made this and served it with the Stetson Salad for my 7 best girlfriends last weekend, and they all wanted the recipe.  We didn't have a grill available, so we use the flat top to pan fry them, and they were still delicious!




SLIME SOUP aka Cream of Asparagus Soup:

http://www.food.com/recipe/grannydragons-really-quick-cream-of-asparagus-soup-279313

NOTES:  I was looking for a recipe to use with things I already had in my pantry.  This was the ticket.  It would be great to make right after Thanksgiving because I can pretty much assure that you would have all of the ingredients on hand...maybe except for the canned asparagus unless you're my family ;)  I used my immersion blender right in the soup rather than blending the asparagus beforehand.  This came together really quickly.  Honestly, I had no intention of feeding this to my children because I thought it would be a big fail.  Well, my four year old helped make the soup, and exclaimed, "It looks like slime," to which I responded, "That's because it's SLIME SOUP!"  Evidently that was the best thing I could've said because the boys gobbled up a HUGE bowl each plus ate the boxed mac n cheese and grilled chicken I had heated up for their dinner (yep, using up what's in the pantry...I never claimed to make everything from scrach!!)

Happy Cooking!!!



Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...