Dips Fit for the Super Bowl


photo by Sunil.verma84
Buffalo chicken dip: (recipe from my friend, Anne Gooden)
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
3/4 cups hot sauce (I use Texas Pete's Wing Sauce)
1 cup blue cheese dressing
8oz cream cheese
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese.

Celery, Tortilla Chips, and Carrots for dipping

Mix cooked chicken and hot sauce in sauce pan over medium heat.  Let simmer stirring occassionally for 15 minutes.  Stir in blue cheese dressing and cream cheese.  Stir until cream cheese is melted and well blended.  Stir in celery.  Transfer mixtures to casserole dish and sprinkle the grated cheddar over top.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

NOTES:  If there is a perfect Super Bowl dip, this is it!  It combines all the goodness of buffalo wings and decreases the mess substantially.  This is always a staple at our house on Super Bowl Sunday.  





Meme's Mexican Dip (recipe from my mama)
1 can Rotel tomatoes
photo from gamedayr.com
1 can Hormel chili (with or without beans)
8oz cream cheese
1 lb. Velveeta cheese
Serve with tortilla chips for dipping

Place Rotel and chili in food processor and pulse until fine.  Cube Velveeta and cream cheese.  Place all ingredients in Dutch oven and cook over medium heat until all cheese is melted and mixture is piping hot.  Serve in a chafing dish to keep hot.  Serve with tortilla chips.

NOTES:  I have the greatest memories of this dip from growing up.  It is so yummy...I mean, let's face it, anything with melted Velveeta and cream cheese is bound to be good!  I specifically remember her always making this for her supper club Super Bowl party each year.  YUM!



Captain Rodney's Cheese Bake (introduced to me by my friend, Shelley Holden)

Recipe found HERE.

NOTES:  I don't know what to say but WOW!!!  My friend, Shelley, introduced me to this dip at her house over the summer.  To say that I couldn't get enough would be an understatement.  I went and ordered some of this delicious glaze off of Amazon, and I gave it away as gifts over Christmas...I also served this dip at a baby shower we threw.  It was a huge hit!









Shepherd’s Loaf (recipe from Carolyn Massey)

4 - 8 oz packages cream cheese
2 -2 ½ oz jars dried  beef
6 green onions with tops, finely chopped
3 TB mayo
2 TB lemon juice
14 dashes black pepper
18 dashes garlic salt

  Take a slice off top of large round bread loaf.   Hollow out  bread loaf – toast bread to eat with dip.  Pack mixture into bread loaf – replace lid.  Wrap in aluminum foil & bake 325 for 1’1/2 hours


NOTES:  This is a dip that our neighbor, Carolyn Massey, made for us every Christmas Eve growing up.  We would head over to their house for appetizers before church, and this dip in the bread bowl was our favorite thing.  My sister loves it so much, that we recently made and served it at her baby shower...hence the silver tray in the picture.  We won't be quite so fancy for Super Bowl Sunday!!




7 Layer Bean Dip:(recipe from food.com)
Recipe found HERE.

NOTES:  There are tons of 7 layer dips out there, but this is the one that my mom always made, and it is my absolute favorite.  Sure to be a hit at any Super Bowl party!!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...