Pan Sauteed Salmon, Broccoli, and Potatoes with Miso Sauce

I have said it before, and I will say it again, I am not a huge fan of fish...especially salmon.  It's just too fishy for me.  I did, however eat an entire salmon fillet, as did all three of my boys.  The miso sauce is super yummy, and it masked, I mean enhanced, ;) the salmon flavor perfectly.  The veggies were yummy too, and, although I tried to sell the broccoli as "popcorn broccoli," the kids probably only ate 3 florets a piece...that's a win in my book!

Roasted Salmon, Broccoli, and Potatoes (recipe altered slightly from Real Simple found HERE.)

1 1/2 pounds petite white potatoes, cut in half
1 bunch broccoli (florets only)
4 T canola oil
3 T red miso (original recipe calls for white miso, but I had red, and it was great)
1 T rice vinegar
4 6oz salmon fillet
red pepper flakes
kosher salt & pepper

Heat oven to 425 degrees.  In large bowl, toss potatoes with 1T oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper and pour onto a rimmed baking sheet.  In same bowl, toss broccoli florets with 1T oil, 1/4 salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.  Put potatoes in oven and roast 15 minutes.  Add broccoli to potato mixture and roast 15 minutes more.  Meanwhile, whisk together red miso, vinegar, 1T oil, and 3T water.  Set aside.  Heat 1T oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.  Season salmon with salt and pepper, and cook until opaque, about 3 minutes per side.  (I did this in 2 batches.)  Plate salmon and veggies on large plate and drizzle miso sauce over the salmon.  Sprinkle salmon with red pepper.  Serve with extra sauce on the side for dipping veggies and salmon.

Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...