Crock Pot Sweet Potato and Quinoa Turkey Chili

Happy Birthday to me! My fabulous in-laws sent me a brand new crock pot for my birthday. So, what did I do? I immediately found a new recipe to try. I looked in the pantry and saw some quinoa and did a quinoa/crock pot search.  This recipe is where I landed:

Crock Pot Sweet Potato and Quinoa Turkey Chili: (recipe from Iowa Girl Eats)
Recipe found HERE.


NOTES: This was absolutely delicious! All three of my children cleaned their plates. I started this at 12:30; it was in the crockpot by 12:50; and it was ready to eat by 5:00. I only used 1/2 of the quinoa only bc it's all I had left. I will definitely use the entire amount next time. Also, I didn't have red pepper flakes, so I substituted ground red pepper...about 1/4 tsp, which was the perfect amount of heat for my kiddos. This chili has the perfect amount of spice balanced out with sweetness from the sweet potatoes and the baked beans. It is packed with protein and perfect for a busy week night meal.

Happy Cooking!

the clean plate club



Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...