Sausage & Tortellini Soup


This was so easy and such a hearty, wintertime soup.  I made this for me and my husband and took half to a friend as I wasn't certain that the textures of this soup would work for my kiddos...and honestly, I didn't feel like testing those waters that night ;)  They had leftover pizza!

Recipe from Doggone Good! submitted by my friend, Kristen Zaks




Ingredients:
2 14.5oz cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
3 c water
2 c frozen cut green beans or Italian green beans
1 10.5oz can condensed French onion soup
8oz smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
2 c packaged coleslaw mix
1 9oz packaged refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
Shaved Parmesan


Method:
In a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker, combined undrained tomatoes, water, frozen green beans, onion soup, and turkey sausage.  Cover and cook on low-heat for 8-10 hours or high-heat for 4-5 hours.  If using low-heat, turn to high-heat.  Stir in cole slaw and tortellini.  Cover and cook for 15 minutes more.  Top each serving with Parmesan cheese as desired.  Makes 10-12 servings.


Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...