Chicken Corn Chowder

This is a recipe from my mother-in-law, who the kids call Nana. The last time I made this, I told them I was using Nana's recipe. The response was, "Well, if it's Nana's recipe, you know it's gonna be good!" They were right. This soup is delicious. It's also really pretty quick to make.  I usually make it early in the day, let it cool a little and popped it in the fridge for later that night. (I am a morning person, so if you are not, I would suggest cutting the chicken, chopping the onion and garlic, and shredding the cheese the night before to make it super fast when it's dinner time.)  You really do have to keep stirring this soup during cooking time, or the cheese will stick to the bottom. Enjoy!






Recipe from The Perfect Setting, Aiken, South Carolina

Ingredients:
3 T butter
4 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced 
2 cups half n half
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
2 (14.75oz) cans creamed style corn (used regular corn)
1 (4.5oz) can diced green chiles, undrained (I didn't have this so substituted 4oz salsa verde)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1/4 tsp salt
2 T chopped cilantro 

Method
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.  Add chicken, onion, and garlic, and saute 10 minutes.  Stir in half n half, cheese, corn, green chiles, hot sauce, salt, and cumin; cook over low heat, stirring often for 15 minutes.  Stir in cilantro.  Serve garnished with additional cilantro if you like.
Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...