Simple Perfect Enchiladas

I always LOVE recipes from The Pioneer Woman. They are hearty, yummy, and feed a crowd...which is important these days as I can barely keep up with my children's appetites! These enchiladas remind me of the ones we used to get at our favorite Mexican restaurant when we lived in Scottsdale, Arizona. The Pioneer Woman takes a few extra steps to make these extra delicious...she thickens the sauce by adding flour and chicken stock, and she also has you fry the tortillas before dipping them in the sauce and rolling up the filling. This part didn't work out so well for me. My tortillas were already split when I opened the bag so they kept falling apart. I decided that I would layer the enchiladas rather than rolling them. I placed the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the dish as instructed then put a layer of the fried/dipped tortillas down, then the filling ingredients, then another layer of the fried/dipped tortillas, then the sauce and the remaining cheese as instructed. This ended up more like an enchilada casserole, but I don't think it made any difference to the taste at all. If you are looking for something that feeds a crowd, can be eaten at different times due to differing schedules, and you are craving something delicious, this is the ticket!

Ingredients:
FOR SAUCE:
2 T canola oil
2T flour
28 oz enchilada sauce
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
FOR MEAT FILLING:
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
REMAINING INGREDIENTS:
Canola oil for frying
10-14 corn tortillas
8 oz chopped green chiles
1/2 cup sliced black olives
1 cup sliced green onions
3 cups cheddar cheese
Cilantro for garnish

Method:
Complete recipe from The Pioneer Woman found on foodnetwork.com, HERE.

Happy Cooking!


Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...