Kentucky Derby Pie


This is my all time favorite dessert. The recipe is from my mama, and I request it any time she asks what she can bring for dessert whether it's for Thanksgiving, a family vacation, or when she's up for a visit. I thought the timing was right to share this as the Kentucky Derby takes place this Saturday...6:46pm race time!

Derby Pie:

Ingredients:
1/2 c melted butter
1 c sugar
1/2 c flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 c chocolate chips
3/4 c chopped pecans
unbaked pie shell
Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If pie shell is frozen, take it out to defrost. Poke several holes in the bottom with a fork. In a medium mixing bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients together. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans. Bake for 45 minutes or until brown on top. 

Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...