Chicken Piccata with Artichokes

I got a HUGE container of artichokes at Costco a few weeks ago. While I love artichokes, I really didn't know what to do with quite so many of them. I remembered a recipe that my roommate from college used to make when we lived together in Charleston. It was basically chicken with artichokes and white wine. I started searching for something similar and came across this recipe from Williams Sonoma. My entire family LOVED it. I was scraping the pan after we were done to get every last delicious morsel. I hope you'll enjoy it too!

Original recipe from Williams Sonoma found HERE. I've altered it a little below.

Chicken Piccata with Artichokes:

Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (even better if you can find thin sliced, about 1 1/2 lbs)
1/2 cup flour (you can use any substitute here to make it gluten free)
1 t Salt
1/2 t Pepper
3 T olive oil
2 T butter (or ghee)
1 T minced garlic
8 oz quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 cup dry white wine (have a glass while you're at it)
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 T lemon juice
4 T capers
1 T Italian parsley

Method:
Butterfly the chicken breasts and pound with a meat mallet or a heavy pot until about 1/4 inch thick (again, if you can find the thinly sliced chicken breasts, this will make your life easier). Place flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow baking dish. Heat 2 T of the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour and add to skillet in batches to prevent overcrowding. Cook each breast for about 4 minutes and then flip and cook 4 minutes more. Drain on plate lined with paper towels.

In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 T olive oil and 1 T butter (ghee). Add the garlic and artichoke hearts and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the wine, and scrape all of the bits off of the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and reduce by 1/2...should take less than 5 minutes. Add the broth, lemon juice, and capers. Add remaining 1 T butter and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.

Return the chicken to the pan coating it with sauce. Sprinkle parsley over top and serve immediately.

Happy Cooking!



Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...