Berry Salad with Balsamic Dressing

This is pretty much my go-to salad whether it's for a main course topped with Grilled Chicken (see THIS post) or as a side salad. The dressing is super delicious...I always opt for homemade dressing rather than bottled if I have the time to make it as I know exactly what goes into it. 

Berry Salad with Balsamic Dressing:
For the salad:
1 head romaine, chopped
1/2 cup sliced strawberries or blueberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 oz fresh goat cheese (I buy the log, not the crumbles, cheaper & tastier)
Homemade Balsamic Dressing:recipe from CovCom Cooks!
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
1 c vegetable oil
Arrange lettuce on platter and top with strawberries, pecans, and goat cheese.  Mix all dressing ingredients together in an air tight container and shake vigorously.  DO NOT over mix, however, as it will turn into syrup.

Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...