Korean Beef Tacos

Originally posted in May 2014:
I had planned on making some ribeye steaks last week and ran out of time in the midst of all of the birthday festivities, so I froze the ribeyes and thought today that they might be good for this recipe. They were really yummy but probably could have used a little less cooking time because of how thin they were. (Also, I didn't read the full directions and did not turn them throughout the process, so they probably would've soaked up the juice better if I had followed instructions :)) I forgot the jalapeno, which was probably good as it made it less spicy for the kids. My husband added some chili garlic sauce to his to give it a kick. I served the beef and slaw in hard shell corn taco shells and topped with shredded Monterey jack cheese and sliced avocado. The kids ate a little of the beef but preferred their tacos with just avocado and cheese.  My husband and I agreed that this was SUPER yummy...just in time for CINCO DE MAYO.

Korean Beef Tacos: (Recipe from Erin Bonsall adapted slightly from Crockpot365's recipe found HERE.)
2lbs Chuck Roast (I actually used boneless ribeyes. You could also use beef ribs.)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup soy sauce
5-6 minced garlic cloves
1 white onion sliced thinly
1 tsp grated ginger
2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar (I used regular rice vinegar.)
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 whole jalapeno, diced (I omitted...not necessarily on purpose!!)

Don't forget the tortillas!!!

                    Additional toppings: shredded Monterrey jack cheese, sliced avocado, salsa, sour cream

The Directions.
Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker together.
Cover, and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat has fully shredded. (I had to cook mine for 4 hours on high.) Turn the meat over a few times during the 8 hours. At about hour 7 I (Erin) took a fork and started shredding the beef and removing any excess large pieces of fat.  Let cook for the last hour shredded to soak up the sauce!   Serve in soft corn or flour tortillas.  Top with shredded cabbage slaw and green onions.

shredded cabbage slaw

1 bag shredded coleslaw from the grocery store's produce section
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar (I used regular rice vinegar.)
salt and pepper to taste
toss together right before serving and add to tacos immediately
Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...