Chicken or Turkey Tetrazzini

So, several of my friends have been talking about their love of Chicken Tetrazzini. I have never thought I was a fan, but, once again, I found myself with a pound of ground turkey and nowhere to go. So, I started searching for recipes and ended up with this. I have to say, it was pretty delicious...definitely comfort food...my family certainly enjoyed it! Traditionally, you would use leftover chicken or turkey...probably about 2 cups shredded. Either way, give it a try.






Ingredients:
1 lb ground chicken or turkey (season with salt, pepper, and garlic or garlic powder)
6 T butter
6 T flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
dash of cayenne pepper
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk (I used whole milk)
1/2 lb elbow noodles
chopped parsley
8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
4 dashes hot sauce (or more)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown turkey until fully cooked through. Set aside. Meanwhile, cook elbow noodles in salted water according to package directions...do not overcook! Drain and place back into large pot. While that's going, melt butter in large saucepan. Add flour and whisk until incorporated. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Slowly stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil and let simmer for a minute or two until slightly thickened. Add milk slowly and stir. When it's to the consistency that you like, take saucepan off of the heat. Add turkey to the noodles. Pour the sauce over the noodles and turkey and add the parsley, mushrooms, and hot sauce. Stir until everything is coated in sauce. Pour mixture into greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10-15 more minutes until the top is just turning brown.

Happy Cooking!




Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...