Black Bean Burritos

When I make these burritos, I want to yell out, "Welcome to Moe's!."  (I may or may not have actually done that this week.  These are so fast to pull together and super yummy.  I generally make the filling in the morning, fill the burritos, wrap them in the tin foil, and save them for when I'm ready for dinner in the evening...that way, dinner is literally ready in 20 minutes with no fuss.  If you want to cut your prep even more, you can always buy the precut onions and peppers in the freezer section of the grocery store.

Black  Bean Burritos: (recipe from my friend, Liz Todd, who always helps me to keep my sanity and is an amazing cook!)


3/4 cup chopped onion
2 tsp. veg. oil
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
 1 cup chopped bell pepper
1 2/3 cup canned black beans
2 tsp minced jalapeno
8tbsp grated Monterrey jack cheese
4 tbsp sour cream
4 tbsp chopped cilantro
4 flour tortillas (burrito size)
4 sheets of tin foil
preheat oven to 350 degrees
combine onion and oil in a large nonstick skillet.
stir over med. heat until onion is golden.
add cumin and chili powder, stir 20 sec.
add bell pepper, saute until almost tender.
add beans (drained and rinsed)
add jalapeno
bring to a simmer
place tortillas on foil sheets
spoon bean filling down center, top each with 2 tbsp cheese.
fold sides of tortillas over filling and wrap with foil.
place in over for 15-20 minutes
garnish with sour cream and cilantro

SERVE WITH: Cole Slaw:  Combine Angel Hair Cole Slaw with 1/2 cup mayo, a couple of Tbsp of apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper,  a dash of sugar, chopped Roma tomatoes, and chopped cucumbers.  I learned this recipe for Cole Slaw from my friend, Whitney's mama, Nancy (who happens to be my mama's best friend!.)  She made it at the beach this summer, and it is more like a salad than a slaw...it is delicious! 

Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...