Jambalaya

Jambalaya: (recipe from Lindsay Russell...a New Orlean's native!!)

2lbs raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1lb smoked sausage (I use turkey sausage)
1 can beef bouillion
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 can French onion soup
1 stick of butter, melted
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
2 cups Uncle Ben's converted rice (uncooked)
Garlic powder
Salt
Cayenne pepper
Creole seasoning

Mix all ingredients and pour into a 9x13 baking dish.  Bake, covered, for 1 hour at 350 degrees.  Uncover, stir, and bake for 10 minutes more, uncovered.  Serves 10-12.

NOTES:  I made this last week for my women's group at church, and it was a big hit!  It serves a ton of people and is very hearty.  I served it with sour cream on top and with a simple salad on the side.  You can make this as spicy as you'd like with the cayenne pepper and the creole seasoning.  I use the creole seasoning pretty generously and go light on the garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.  

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...