Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos
These are SO good! The house smelled delicious all afternoon, and I couldn't wait to dig into these taquitos. My boys devoured theirs in about 3 minutes flat (that is a record for them). Unfortunately, I thought that I had more tortillas than I did, so I had to scramble a bit and came up with a Cream Cheese Chicken Nacho Bake, recipe below.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
Salt & Pepper
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
12 (6 in) corn or flour tortillas
optional toppings: cilantro, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, black beans
Complete recipe from the Creme de la Crumb blog found HERE.
Cream Cheese Nacho Bake:
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Crush up tortilla chips and fill the bottom of the baking sheet
- Layer leftover Cream Cheese Chicken (shredded) on top of the chips
- Layer shredded Monterey Jack cheese on top of the chicken
- Top with tomatoes & black beans (could also had jalepenos for some spice)
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, shredded lettuce, avocado, red onion, whatever you like!
Two meals out of one recipe...and no leftovers. I'd call that a success!