Lobster Club Salad

I totally cheated and bought frozen, pre-cooked lobster tails. The brand I used was Pier 33, and they were REALLY good. I used duck bacon as the recipe suggests, and it was delicious. I had never tried duck bacon before, but it tastes very similar to pork bacon but doesn't get quite as crispy. I found all of the ingredients for this salad at the regular grocery store which I couldn't believe! This is definitely more of a summer salad, but it was special and worthy of a fancy occasion, so I decided to try it for our New Year's Eve's first course. It was perfect!

Adaptation of Gwyneth Paltrow's recipe:

Ingredients:
8 slices duck bacon
2 hearts romaine lettuce
1 avocado, pitted and sliced
2 cups cooked lobster meat, chopped
1 cup small grape tomatoes, halved
Vinaigrette:
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp maple syrup
2 T white wine vinegar
1/4 cup plus 2T extra-virgin olive oil
2 T finely chopped chives
Salt & pepper

Method:
Recipe found on babble.com, HERE.

Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...