Sausage & Cream Cheese Pinwheels


Cooking for a morning tailgate inspired these beauties! I was looking for something that wouldn't take long but that would feed a crowd for a tailgate. I started out wanting to make something with vegetables, and my sister responded, "do you want people to look at it, or do you want people to eat it?" Excellent point, Lucille! My mom used to make these pinwheels for breakfast on Christmas morning, and I always loved them. I doubled the recipe, and it made almost 50 pinwheels. They were a big hit and were super easy. I would recommend them for a tailgate of any size or just to have something yummy to munch on while watching the game at home.
Ingredients:
2 cans crescent roll sheets (I found these right next to the crescent rolls...if you can't, just use crescent rolls and pinch the triangles together to make one sheet.)
8oz cream cheese (regular not light or nonfat)
1lb ground sausage (I used a breakfast sausage from Lowe's Foods SausageWorks section, but you could use mild Italian sausage or whatever your favorite sausage is.)

Method:
Brown sausage over medium high heat. Unroll the crescent roll sheets. Spread 4oz of cream cheese on each sheet. Top the cream cheese with cooked sausage. Roll sheet into a log. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut logs into 1/2 inch sections and lay flat on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. 

Happy Cooking!


Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...