Beef Short Ribs aka Heaven on a Plate




Oh. My. Word. These truly are heaven on a plate. I was introduced to them by my dear friend, Erin, and I have made them twice since. These do take some time as they require 2.5 hours+ cooking time, but they are easy to prepare on the front end, and so so worth the time. Tonight I am serving them with The Pioneer Woman's Creamy Mashed Potatoes, and Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Last time I served them with The Barefoot Contessa's Creamy Parmesan Polenta and Roasted Broccoli (toss broccoli florets with olive oil, salt & pepper, and bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes until they start to turn brown). Whatever you serve this with, it will be out of this world. If you want to wow your friends/family next week during Thanksgivinng, make this ahead of time and warm it up when you're ready to serve it. It's delicious!

Recipe from The Pioneer Woman


Ingredients:

8 whole beef short ribs

Kosher salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
6 pieces pancetta, diced
2 T olive oil
1 whole medium onion, diced
3 whole carrots, diced
2 whole shallots, peeled and finely minced
2 cups red or white wine
2 cups beef or chicken broth 
2 sprigs thyme
2 sprigs rosemary

Method:
Complete recipe from The Pioneer Woman found on her website, HERE


Happy Cooking! 

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...