Sliders

Perfect for football season!  Sliders are so versatile and can please just about anyone.  Be creative with your toppings!  I keep my seasonings simple when I'm making burgers just because I like to simply enhance the flavor of the beef.  I like to pan fry sliders in lieu of grilling them because they are so small and tend to fall apart on the grill since I don't add anything to bind them together.  Also, use the King's Hawaiian Rolls!  They are just so incredibly soft and delicious :)




Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef (I normally use 80/20 for burgers, but for these I used 93/7)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 T Dijon mustard**
1 t thyme**
1-2 Roma tomatoes
1 avocado
Sliced cheddar (or your favorite sliced cheese)
King's Hawaiian Rolls
Mayo, mustard, ketchup
**optional

(other suggested toppings:  Romaine lettuce, goat cheese, & roasted red peppers, blue cheese & bacon)

Method:
Heat medium skillet over medium high head.  Meanwhile, mix ground beef, garlic salt, pepper, Dijon mustard and thyme together in medium bowl.  Form patties about 2 inches in diameter and about 1/2 high.  This should make 8-9 patties.  Add 4 patties to skillet and cook for one minute on each side forming a nice brown crust.  Lower the heat to low and cover.  Cook 2 minutes one side, flip, cook 90 seconds on the other side, add cheese, recover and cook for another 30 seconds until cheese is melted.  These burgers will be medium well, so adjust cooking time according to your taste.  Slice Hawaiian rolls in half, add burgers, top with tomato, avocado, and condiments of your choosing.

SERVE WITH:  Sweet potato fries (this week I served with Ora Ida crinkles,) but if you'd like to make your own, this is a good, easy recipe:  Baked Sweet Potato Fries by Paula Deen

Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...