White Chicken Chili

This comes together really quickly.  I put the chicken in the crockpot while we were at church this morning and it was ready three hours later. I then moved it to a stockpot and followed the remaining directions. All three of my children consistently eat it, and my husband and I love it too.  I have a habit of calling my food different things for my children so that they'll be more likely to eat it.  This I call "chicken nachos" and add a few more chips!!


Recipe from The Perfect Setting, Aiken, SC

Ingredients:
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1 tsp cumin seed (I couldn't find this so I used ground coriander)
Cooking Spray or 1 T olive oil  
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, trimmed of all excess fat 
1 clove garlic, finely chopped  
1 cup chopped onion 
2 ( 9 ounce) frozen white shoepeg corn 
2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies, undrained 
1 teaspoon ground cumin  
2 -3 tablespoons lime juice2 
(14 ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained  
Monterey Jack cheese and tortilla chips for serving

Method:
In a 5-qt stockpot, combine 2 1/2 cups water with the lemon pepper, 1 tsp cumin seed, and olive oil.  Bring to a boil.  Add the chicken breast halves and return to a low boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer 20-30 minutes or until the chicken is fork tender and the juices are clear.  Remove the chicken from the broth and cut into bite-size pieces, then return it to the broth.  Add the garlic, onion, corn, green chiles, 1 tsp ground cumin, and lime juice to the broth.  Bring to a boil.  Add Great Northern beans to the broth.  Simmer until thoroughly heated.  To serve, crush a few tortilla chips into the bottom of soup bowls, ladle soup over chips, and sprinkle cheese on top.

Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...