Kappa Muffin Casserole aka Sausage, Egg, Cheese & Biscuit Breakfast Casserole

This is a variation on the Kappa muffins recipe that I use all the time. My mother-in-law, Susan Lawson gave me the recipe, and this evolved from there! I wanted to make something easy to pull out in the mornings for the kids before school. I am not the hugest breakfast fan, so I have a hard time being creative with breakfast especially during the week. I wanted to make something filling, packed with protein, and easy to feed my children in the mornings. I also didn't have a ton of time this afternoon to prep, and while the Kappa muffins are really quick and easy, this was even quicker and easier. I'll serve this with some fruit on the side this week and hope that this casserole will help with getting us all back into the swing of a routine this week.

Ingredients:
1 12oz can Pillsbury Grands Jr. biscuits
1 lb ground pork or turkey sausage
8 eggs
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded swiss cheese (can substitute mozzarella or monterey jack if you have on hand)




Method:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Brown sausage, drain, and set aside. Spray 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray. Break biscuits apart and further separate them in half like you would after they were baked (lengthwise). Spread biscuits along bottom of dish. Sprinkle cooked sausage over biscuits. Whisk together eggs and cheeses. Pour egg mixture over top of the sausage/biscuits. Bake for 35 minutes or until eggs are set and toothpick comes out clean.

Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...