Paella Valencia

This recipe was a lot of work, but it was delicious! I love paella, and this was my first attempt. There are a TON of recipes out there, but this one had the most simple ingredients in my opinion. Food and Wine also has one that looks delicious, and maybe I'll try it soon...for now, this one was a hit and fairly simple for this flavorful dish.

Paella Valencia: recipe from Cooking Light

Ingredients:
1 T olive oil
3/4 lb peeled and deveined shrimp, large
3/4 tsp salt, divided
1/4 tsp black pepper, divided
1/2 cup Spanish chorizo, sliced thin
2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into quarters
1 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped tomato
1 T capers, drained
1/4 tsp saffron threads, crushed
1 c Arborio or other short-grain rice
2/3 c white wine
14oz fat-free low sodium chicken broth
1/2 c frozen peas
1/4 c water
18 mussels, scrubbed and debearded
2 1/2 T roasted red bell pepper
2 T fresh cilantro, chopped

Method:
Complete recipe from Cooking Light found on myrecipes.com HERE.


Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...