Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole

An oldie but a goodie from my mama! I have a few tips for recipes that call for pre-cooked chicken. Add chicken and a splash of chicken stock to crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours, then shred...add chicken and 1 cup chicken stock to instant pot and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes, use natural release, then shred...and my favorite is buying the shredded rotisserie chicken from Costco. It is a TON of chicken, and it's delicious. It's hard to find these days, but hopefully easier days are ahead. Also, whenever cooking with shredded cheese, it's always better to hand grate it rather than buying the pre-shredded cheese. Don't get me wrong, I use shredded cheese all the time, but it doesn't taste as good and doesn't melt as well. This recipe makes enough for my family to eat as two meals, so I usually make the entire recipe but freeze half. Hope you'll enjoy one of our family favorites!

Ingredients
SAUCE:
1 cup mayo
1/2 tsp curry powder
1 T lemon juice
2 cans cream of chicken soup (see this link for alternative:  http://www.milehimama.com/how-to-make-cream-of-chicken-soup/)

OTHER:
4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 medium broccoli bunches, chopped into 1 inch pieces and cooked (I only use florets)

Mix together sauce ingredients in large bowl. Add sauce and remaining ingredients to 9x13 baking dish. Stir well. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Happy Cooking!


Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...