Just in time for Easter...Deviled Eggs

Deviled Easter Eggs (see link below)
My son's elementary school does a really cool thing called "Wonderful Wednesdays." On Wednesdays during lunch, the parents get together to prepare and serve lunch for the teachers with a different grade represented each Wednesday. This week was kindergarten Wednesday, and I signed up to take a side. Now, when I sign up for pot lucks, I normally have the best of intentions and then end up kicking myself the day of because I've chosen something that is very time consuming and not easy to transport...now, if there's anyone for whom I would bend over backwards, it's teachers...see my Teacher Appreciation Week post, but this week I decided to keep it simple...so, here's the deviled egg recipe that I prepared:

Deviled Eggs...The Simplest Version ;)
6 eggs (maybe 7 "just in case!")
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 to 1 tsp mustard depending on how big your eggs are and your taste...pick your favorite kind
1 Tbsp milk (or more to get the right consistency)
1/8 tsp salt
dash pepper
paprika for garnish

Place eggs in medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil, cover, and remove from heat immediately. Let sit 15 minutes, drain, and cover with ice & water. Peel each egg under running cold water. Slice eggs in half, scoop out yolk, and place yolks in a bowl. Combine yolks, mayo, mustard, salt & pepper with a fork. Add milk to get a smooth consistency (you want it similar to the consistency of icing). Arrange egg whites with scooped out side up. Place yolk mixture into a plastic bag, squeeze out the air, and cut a small hole in the tip in order to pipe the mixture into the whites. Fill eggs to just cover the hole. Sprinkle with paprika.

NOTES:  There are SO many versions of deviled eggs that you could choose from. I found a great list from Southern Living that you can find HERE. Another fun idea is to dye the whites like you would Easter Eggs to make them more festive and more appealing to the littler ones in your Easter brunch crowd. Real Mom Kitchen shows how on her blog  HERE.

Happy Cooking, and Happy Easter!



Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...