Silky Tortilla Soup

Silky Tortilla Soup: Recipe from Food & Wine
Recipe found HERE

NOTES: Okay, y'all...I do not say this lightly. This is the BEST soup I have ever eaten. The spiciness from the chipotles in adobo and the saltiness from the queso fresco along with the freshness from the cilantro make this soup out of this world. The last time I made this I had already fed the boys dinner before sports and made this for just me and my husband...the boys came home and devoured it along with us. It really is that good. Makes a bunch and leftovers for lunch are always a favorite of mine.

Happy Cooking!
















NOTES: This soup was the BEST tortilla soup I have ever had. It uses simple ingredients and is easy to put together.
  • Rather than a rotisserie chicken, I used some leftover shredded chicken that I made in the crockpot and froze last week. 
  • I used 5 chiles rather than the 4 it calls for to give it an even richer color and a little more kick. This made it pretty spicy, so if you're not into that, you may want to stick with 4 chiles. 
  • I also used canned tomatoes and cut them in half. 
  • I used my handy immersion blender rather than pouring it in batches in the food processor.
  • You can certainly use tortilla chips if you don't want to go to the trouble of frying the corn tortillas, but if you have time, make the extra effort ;)
  • I am not a huge fan of cilantro, but I decided that it was worth a try on this (plus it would make the picture prettier ha!). I am so glad that I did. It was awesome with the homemade tortilla strips!
  •  I didn't feed this to my kids this time as it was my first time making it, but I think I'll cut down on the heat and try it for them sometime soon.
Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...