Chicken Enchiladas




I was originally served this at a 3 year old birthday party by my friend, Kirsten Dunlap, and it was delicious!  I asked for the recipe and realized that it was sort of a "throw together to your own liking" mixture, which is awesome but takes some practice.  The proportions are really dependent upon how big your chicken breasts are.  I used 4 chicken breasts this time that were a little small, I used about half a jar of salsa verde and of salsa and about 4 oz of sour cream.  I used taco sized tortillas, and poured the half in half over top until it covered the entire pan.  Honestly, I have made this differently every time I've made it, and you cannot mess it up.  It is so yummy each and every time...my family LOVES it!!  This is definitely a staple at our house!





Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
salsa verde
diced green chilies
salsa
8 oz sour cream
1 cup plus more for topping shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
12 burrito size tortillas
1 pint half n half

Method:

Take 4 chicken breasts, shredded (I made mine just by throwing them in the crock pot with water and they shredded beautifully!)
 Mix the shredded chicken with a jar of salsa verde, a can of diced green chilis, a jar of regular salsa, a tub of sour cream, a cup of shredded cheese (cheddar or mexican blend) Again- these measurements are kind of estimates...just get it to the consistency like a chicken salad.
Take about a dozen tortillas and put a scoop of chicken mixture in each tortilla and roll them up tight.
Fill a pan with the rolled up enchiladas and cover with cheddar cheese. (At this point you can refrigerate them, even overnight!)
Then, right before you put it in the oven, pour a pint or so of half & half over the whole pan.
Bake at 350 till cheese bubbles (about 30-45 minutes!)


Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...