Eggplant Gratin



Oh my word, this was delicious! I made this for me and my mom after the children went to bed. While the oven preheated, I fried the eggplant and mixed the cheese sauce. I decided to put the dish into one souffle dish rather than in two gratin dishes. You could easily put this in a square, glass baking dish. Mom and I enjoyed a glass of wine and a nice chat while the gratin baked. Once it was done, we ate the entire thing!! Yep, every.single.last.bite. This would be perfect for a date night. If I were to make this for the whole crew, I would definitely double the recipe. 

Ingredients:
Good olive oil for frying
3/4 pount eggplant, unpeeled, sliced 1/2 inch thick
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
1 extra-large egg
1/4 cup half n half
1/2 cup plus 2 T freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup good bottled marinara sauce (I love L.E. Roselli's, which is LOCAL!)

Method:
Full recipe from Ina Garten found HERE.

Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...