Creamy Macaroni & Cheese

This macaroni and cheese is almost just as fast as boxed macaroni and cheese, and it is SO much better.  It is my kids' favorite macaroni and cheese is definitely in my top three. (The others are my grandmother's recipe, which I will share closer to Thanksgiving and Green Chile Mac & Cheese from my favorite restaurant in Nashville, Park Cafe...recipe found here.) 

Creamy Macaroni and Cheese:  Adapted from a recipe given to us by friends in Nashville :)
1/2 pound elbow macaroni
3 T unsalted butter
2 large eggs
12 oz evaporated milk (reserve all but 1 c) *can substitute half n half
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp red pepper sauce 
1 tsp dry mustard (dissolved in 1 tsp water)
3 cups sharp cheddar cheese

Cook macaroni according to package directions.  Meanwhile, mix eggs, 1 c evaporated milk, pepper sauce, mustard, salt & pepper.  Drain macaroni and return to pain over medium heat.  Add butter and toss to melt.  Pour in egg mixture along with 3/4 of the cheese.  Stir until the cheese starts to melt.  Gradually add remaining cheese and evaporated milk, stirring constantly.  Cook for about 5-10 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.  Sauce will continue to thicken as it cool.


Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...