Dinosaur Cake

Dinosaur Cake:

Okay, y'all know I don't bake...except for when one of my children has a birthday party. (See posts about my daughter's PINK FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY and my son's ST PATTY'S DAY SOCCER PARTY for proof.) In full disclosure, my mama actually did the baking part, and then I took over most of the decorating. :)

I found a template from Betty Crocker, and my mom and I set out to make this dinosaur cake. The cake was out of a box, and the icing was a simple buttercream frosting tinted with neon food coloring. We had chocolate chips on hand and I got some colored candy melts from Michael's to use for decorations.

All in all, this wasn't all that difficult. It's not perfect, but Henry knew it was a dinosaur the second he walked in the door...I will count that as a success!!!

The Dinosaur Template from Betty Crocker can be found HERE.
The Buttercream Frosting also from Betty Crocker can be found HERE.

If I can do this, truly anyone can do it!

Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...