Pea & Basil Soup

This Pea & Basil Soup is one of my favorites, and I can't believe I haven't linked it to the blog before. It is SUPER easy. I sold this tonight as "slime soup" to my boys (this is the second time I've done this...this first time was for Cream of Asparagus Soup), and they bought it...they did call me out, however, that this slime soup was not the same because the other one tasted like chicken. (???) We put it in coffee mugs for them to eat, and they decided to drink it instead. This was NOT their entire dinner, however...I'm no fool, you know. ;) They also had chicken brats, blackberries, and babybel cheese. BUT they ate some of it, which I count as a success. The mozzarella & roasted red peppers make this soup, so don't leave them out! I can't wait to eat this again for lunch tomorrow.

Ingredients:
2 T olive oil
2 T butter
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 1/2 cups frozen peas
3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
2 cups chicken broth, divided
2 cups cream
Fresh mozzarella ball, sliced thin
1/4 cup diced roasted red bell peppers

Method:
Complete recipe from Giada de Laurentiis found on foodnetwork.com, HERE.

Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...