Weeknight Bolognese

My good friend, Erin gave me this Barefoot Contessa cookbook. I have found so many yummy, easy recipes that I cannot wait to share with you all. This took about half an hour to make from start to finish and made a very special weeknight dinner for our family. All five of us LOVED it. You can use any kind of little pasta that you like: I chose mini farfalle. Also, the San Marzano tomatoes that she suggests really do make a difference, so if you can find them, use them. (I could only find whole ones, so I crushed them with my hands...our you could use a food processor.) This dish definitely has a kick so if you or your kiddos are not a fan of spicy food, cut down or cut out the red pepper flakes. This recipe is hearty but not heavy and is truly worthy of a special occasion without a lot of fuss.

Recipe from Barefoot Contessa How Easy Is That?

Ingredients:
2 T good olive oil, plus extra to cook the pasta
1 lb lean ground sirloin
4 tsp minced garlic
1 T dried oregano
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (omit if you don't like spicy)
1 1/4 cups dry red wine, divided
28oz can crushed tomatoes, preferably San Marzano
2 T tomato paste
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3/4 pound dried pasta such as orecchiette or small shells (farfalle shown in picture)
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving

Method:
Recipe from Ina Garten found on Foodnetwork.com HERE.

Happy Cooking!

Grilled Mini Meat Loaves

Let me be the first to point out that I do NOT like traditional meatloaf. Anything with oatmeal and a ketchup glaze will not be foun...